Whether you’re shopping for your mother, grandmother, aunt, sister, or mother-figure, Mother’s Day is the perfect time to show your strong woman figures in your life how much you value them. From boho-chic, old-fashioned, DIY fanatic, style icon, to woman in need of a spa day, local shops will have u covered for all your Mother’s Day gift-needs.
For the Eco-Friendly Woman:
• Sell Your Sole Consignment Boutique: This high-end designer consignment shop carries everything you’ll need for a night out or weekend getaway, and much more. Chic clothing and accessories—from boots, belts, clutches, purses, and jewelry. For a gal who likes to dress sustainably, get her a “shopping day with me” coupon, or pick up a fun new piece to add to her wardrobe.
• One Earth One Design: This Seattle shop retails only sustainable home décor. It is also an interior design design studio and wholesale showroom. Whether the woman you’re celebrating is wanting some décor inspiration, or a full on remodel, a walk through their showroom or trip to the décor section is a great way to treat her.
• Alexandra’s: Shopping for a woman who loves choices? This 2400 square foot store has over 600 designers available— and pricing starts at 70% off retail value. For consigned shoes, accessories, clothing, and handbags, make your way over to Alexandra’s.
For the Woman who needs to Treat Herself:
• Banya 5: This spa was voted, “Seattle Times- Best Seattle-Area Day Spas: Feel Pampered without Breaking the Bank.” Know a lady who needs a quick escape from day-to-day stresses?—a gift certificate to Banya 5 will treat her well. Services include massage, scrubs & wraps, facials, and package deals.
• Elaia Spa: Located in Hyatt at Olive 8, this luxury spa offers organic services from hot stones massages, holistic massages using aromatherapy, couples massages, cuppings, to facials and body services, and even eyelash extensions. Gift certificates are available here, and in store.
• Penelope and the Beauty Bar: Located in Downtown Seattle inside the Fairmont Olympic Hotel, Penelope and the Beauty Bar offer some of the most luxurious services. They service the usual spa amenities, such as massages, facial, and body scrubs, but perform services with the highest end products available in the practice. Additionally, sugaring and waxing, lash extensions and microblading, water less manicures, hair care, makeup, and detoxifying solutions are also available. Gift certificates available in store and or online, here.
For Active Ladies:
• Mother’s Day Half Marathon & 5k: For a fun-filled day with family and friends, this event is the perfect way to prepare for an even larger than anticipated Mother’s day brunch. Sponsored by Virginia Mason of Kirkland, the races are held Sunday, May 13th, at Juanita Beach Park, Kirkland—register here. The earlier you register, the better deal you’ll get. Don’t miss out on this family-fun event!
• Mother’s Day at the Seattle Aquarium: Come celebrate with moms!—human moms, otter moms, seal moms, fish moms, and more! Members can enter early at 9am and get a special present for the important women in their life. Even better, free parking when you pick up a free parking voucher! Purchase aquarium tickets here.
• Seattle Bouldering Project: Know a mom who likes adventure? Seattle Bouldering Project offers both instructed bouldering classes, and free climbing. Adult day passes are $16 and Student/Youth Day Passes are $12. Get directions here.
For a Mom looking to take the Edge Off:
• Letterpress Distilling: This distillery is all about quality. Using locally sources ingredients, these liqueurs are a unique gift to any Seattleite. Specializing in Amaro Amorino, Limoncello, and Arancello Rosso, these spirits make way for enticing cocktails, or just to sip on the rocks. Purchase online here. Cocktail Recipes available here.
• OOLA: Wanting a more interactive day with mom? Located in Capitol Hill, OOLA offers not only the retail of their products (gins, vodkas, &, whiskeys), but a tasting room and distillery tour as well. Tours are held every Saturday at 3pm for just $10/person. Find a retail location near you here.
No matter which special lady you’re shopping for this Mother’s Day, Seattle’s ensured to offer a gift to make any woman on your shopping list feel adored.